As a social media strategist, I am often expected to know everything about social media and needless to say people just assume and expect me to know it all. Yes, it can be quite an expectation to match however it is not that difficult to master either. I am going to share my secrets with you today on how I keep myself updated with platform specific updates and about the latest social media trends/developments.
So, if you are willing to kick start your career in social media, handling a company’s social media account or running a new business. Stay here. I will be sharing how I manage to get my daily dose of social media update with just one click. Below are the steps you might want to consider for a daily read or better, simply bookmark this blog article for your 10 minute daily consumption.
Yes, if ‘reading’ scares you, please leave this page immediately. You might not be interested in reading newspapers everyday but if you are a social media professional, this is something you might want to be on top of your game and avoid embarrassing conversations like ‘...and I thought you are a social media expert‘. Follow these simple instructions:
- Create a new folder in your bookmark section on the webpage you use for your daily read. My folder says- ‘Social Media News- Stay updated’
- Click on the links provided in the ‘sources’ section of ‘My favourite reads’ and add them to your folder.
- Create a short cut for your folder in your bookmarks section (as shown in the picture)
- Open all the bookmarked reads together in a new window.
- That’s it! Start reading…It would just take you 10- 15 minutes to browse and find out what is happening on different social media platforms. Awesome, isn’t it?
My favourite reads:
If you liked this blog, don’t forget to share it with your colleagues, social media managers and friends who you think can benefit from this.
If you have a suggestion on more websites that can be added to ‘Social Media News-Stay updated’ folder here, please share it. We would love to add it here. Please share it in the comments section.